Request material from another library: Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Ph +372 630 7410 or +372 630 7100
E-mail ill at nlib dot ee
Via Interlibrary Loan users may request material that is not available locally to be delivered to the National Library from other libraries in Estonia and abroad.
- Requests can be made for books and sheet music.
- Requests for reference books, periodicals, manuscripts, Bachelor's and Master's Theses, maps and audio-visuals cannot usually be filled.
- Approximate delivery times are as follows:
4-5 days from Estonia
2-3 weeks from Nordic countries
3-4 weeks from rest of Europe
2-3 months from Russia and the US
- Loan period will be determined by the supplying library (usually 2-5 weeks); renewing loans is not always possible.
- The user will pay postage costs for returning the item to the supplying library (as per the National Library's price list, Section III Lending Services).
- The user will be notified about the arrival of requested items by e-mail or phone.
- Requested items will be delivered to the user in the Reference Reading Room (5th floor, Library Assistant's desk).
- N.B. Supplying libraries reserve the right to assign items for Reading Room use only, in which case the requested material can not be checked out for home loan and is to be consulted at the National Library of Estonia.
- Users may also request copies of articles from printed publications or licensed databases.
- E-journals accessible through the National Library of Estonia can be found here: Find e-Journal.
- If you do not have the complete publication data for the article of interest, please do not hesitate to contact us anyway. Submit your enquiry via e-mail (email@example.com) and we will specify the details and check availability.